Say hello to our newest product, Organic Superfood Pilaf! This delicious addition to our line of frozen quinoa blends is now available at your local Jewel, Meijer, Heinen’s, Publix, Market Basket, Standard Market and Woodman’s!
Full of flavor, this microwavable blend of quinoa, kale, sweet potato and other superfoods is ready in just 4 minutes! Organic Superfood Pilaf pairs perfectly with chicken or fish, and is sure to be a side dish your whole family will love!
Test your superfood knowledge! Did you know these 10 facts about the ingredients we use in our Organic Superfood Pilaf?
- Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids and is considered a complete, plant-based protein.
- Carrots are rich in Vitamin A – one large carrot contains 241% of your recommended daily intake! Vitamin A plays a role in reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Butternut squash contains iron, folate and zinc, three minerals that contribute to bone health and help protect your body from developing osteoporosis.
- Kale contains carotenoids and flavonoids, antioxidants that give your immune system a boost!
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of Vitamin D. Vitamin D supports thyroid health, aids in energy level and mood regulation, and helps your body build strong bones!
- Quinoa contains Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA), a type of omega 3 fatty acid. Eating a diet rich in ALA can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- The sulfuric compounds in garlic contribute to respiratory and circulatory system health! The red blood cells in our bodies convert the compounds into a gas which can help keep your blood pressure steady by expanding the body’s blood vessels.
- Two of quinoa’s antioxidants, quercetin and kaempferol, play a role in reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Onions are a great source of chromium, a mineral that helps control glucose levels.
- Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help lower cholesterol levels and your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Looking for a recipe to enjoy our Organic Superfood Pilaf? Try our Superfood Pilaf Veggie Wrap!