Quinoa Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers
Difficulty: Easy | Time to Prepare: 30 | Feeds: 6
This Quinoa Pizza Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe is perfect for a weekday meal! Follow this easy step-by-step guide to make these peppers at home!
- 2 10 oz. Packages Path of Life Mediterranean Quinoa
- 6 Medium Orange Bell Peppers
- ½ Lb. Cooked, Crumbled Mild Italian Sausage (about 1 cup, cooked)
- ¾ Cup Prepared Pizza Sauce
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tops off of peppers. Remove core and seeds. Stand up peppers in a square baking dish. Place stems on top of peppers. Bake 18-20 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions. Cook and crumble sausage in a medium skillet (10-in.) over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary. Combine quinoa and sausage in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Remove peppers from oven. Set tops aside. Divide quinoa filling evenly into peppers. Top each pepper with 2 tbsp. of pizza sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over sauce. Return peppers to oven and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
For a vegetarian version of this recipe, simply substitute the sausage for additional cheese, cooked quinoa or chopped fresh vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms and onions.