Need a fun, quick idea for your kid’s lunches?
Try our Mini Sandwiches and Garbanzo Lentil Hummus Lunchbox idea!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Bag (10 oz.) Path of Life Garbanzos & Lentils, cooked according to package directions and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (About 1 Lemon, juiced)
- 3/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Hot Water
- Crackers or any dippers your child prefers to accompany the hummus!
Instructions to make the Garbanzo Lentil Hummus:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or lunch sized container and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or assorted crudités, if desired.
For this back to school lunch idea, we paired the Garbanzo Lentil Hummus with some baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, crackers, sliced cheese, assorted lunch meat and strawberries.