Mediterranean Style Spring Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Difficulty: Easy | Time to Prepare: 25 | Feeds: 12
Happy Easter from the Path of Life Team! We paired our Organic Quinoa & Kale with in-season Spring vegetables to make a flavorful salad that will add the perfect pop of color to your Easter table!
- 2 Bags (10oz.) Path of Life Organic Quinoa & Kale
- 1/2 lb. Fresh Asparagus, ends trimmed
- 6 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar, divided
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1 Cup Small Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Jar (12oz.) Roasted Red Peppers, drained, diced and patted dry
- 4oz. Crumbled Feta
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fill a medium-sized mixing bowl with ice water. Fill a medium saucepot with water and bring to a boil (See Chef’s Tip). Place asparagus into boiling water and cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender. Transfer asparagus to ice water and let stand for 3 minutes. Remove asparagus, pat dry with paper towels and cut on a bias into 1/2-in. pieces. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine spinach, olive oil, half the vinegar, and salt and pepper, if desired. Mix well and spread evenly on a large serving platter. In same bowl, add cooled Quinoa & Kale, asparagus, basil, olives, tomatoes, peas, red peppers, feta and remaining vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Mix well.
- Top spinach with quinoa mixture. Serve immediately.
Asparagus is a great spring vegetable. When boiling asparagus, add enough salt to the water so the water tastes slightly salty. The salt will not only make the asparagus taste better, but it will bring out its natural green color. Be sure to remove the asparagus from the ice bath as soon as it is cool so it doesn’t become waterlogged.
Feta adds a great creamy texture and flavor to this dish. For best results, use feta that is not pre-crumbled.