What you will need:
- 2 Bags (10 oz.) Path of Life Organic Quinoa & Brown Rice, cooked according to package directions and cooled to room temperature
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ½ Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley, divided
- ¾ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt, divided
- 1 Lemon, zested
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Sugar
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil, divided
Chef’s Tip: To make this recipe 24 hours in advance, prepare through step 3 and place patties on a parchment paper-lined baking pan and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to serve, cook and serve as directed in steps 4 and 5.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Quinoa & Brown Rice, eggs, Parmesan, green onions, 3 tbsp of the parsley and 1/4 cup of the yogurt. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make yogurt sauce by combining zest, salt, sugar, remaining 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tbsp parsley in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Form quinoa mixture into six, firmly packed 2-in. patties.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add half the patties. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until browned on both sides. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Serve quinoa burgers on buns with yogurt sauce, greens and tomato slices.
Feeds: 12 when making slider sized patties
For this lunchbox idea we served the Quinoa & Brown Rice patties on Hawaiian rolls, paired with pretzels and veggies.