Stumped on what to pack your little ones for school lunch?
Try our Quinoa Kale & Turkey Pinwheels Lunchbox Idea!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Bag (10 oz.) Path of Life Organic Quinoa & Kale, cooked according to package directions and cooled to room temperature
- 2 10-inch Flour Tortillas
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Slices Turkey Breast Lunch Meat
- Your child’s favorite snacks – veggies, fruit snacks — any snacks will work!
Instructions to make the Quinoa Kale & Turkey Pinwheels:
- Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Warm tortillas on a microwave-safe plate for 20 seconds.
- Spread each tortilla with half of the cream cheese mixture to within 1 inch of the edge of the tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with half of the Quinoa & Kale, then half of the turkey.
- Tightly roll up tortillas and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until chilled and firm.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 3/4 inch pinwheels.
- Serve and enjoy!
For this back to school lunch idea, we paired the Quinoa Kale & Turkey Pinwheels with some baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, sliced strawberries, banana chips and fruit snacks!